TOURNAMENT RULES 2011
1. LAWS OF THE GAME: All matches will be played in accordance with F.I.F.A. Laws of the Game, except where noted below. Rules and/or interpretations provided by USYSA will be incorporated. The following items will further interpret these rules for purposes of this tournament and/or will provide the administration framework for the operation of the tournament.
a. All divisions will be Round Robin and games thirty (30) minutes in length. All teams are guaranteed four (4) games.
b. U9 and U10 will play 8v8. U11 will play 9v9. U12-U19 will play 11v11.
c. There will be no half time break. Prior to the halfway mark the referee will signal for the teams to switch goals. The game clock will continue to run.
d. There will be no stoppage of the clock for injury.
3. SIZE OF BALL: #4 ball for U9-U12. #5 ball for U13 and older.
4. ROSTER SIZE: U9-U11 Maximum roster of 14 players. U12-U19 Maximum roster of 18 players.
5. TEAM ELIGIBILITY:
a. Participation in the Tournament is open to all registered USYSA teams. League Select Teams, Premier Teams and ODP teams will be required to play up one age group.
b. Each team is allowed up to three (3) GUEST PLAYERS as part of their roster.
c. All USYSA teams registered outside of Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association must provide an approved Application to Travel form (USYSA-TT5). An approved copy must be submitted to the tournament no later than May 10th, 2010.
d. An official State 2009/20109 team roster must be submitted to the tournament no later than May 10th, 2010.
e. All teams will be required to submit a medical release form for each player and a current USYSA picture pass for each player and coach at registration sign-in.
6. ENTRY FEES WILL NOT BE REFUNDED FOR ANY REASON AFTER A TEAM HAS BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THE TOURNAMENT.
7. PLAYER ELIGIBILITY:
a. All players must be a currently registered USYSA travel team player.
b. A player may only register and play for one team per day in one division.
c. Player eligibility will be based on USYSA age grouping.
d. Failure to meet any of these requirements will render a player ineligible to participate in the tournament.
e. ANY TEAM USING AN INELIGIBLE PLAYER WILL FORFEIT ALL GAMES PLAYED AND WILL BE ELIMINATED FROM FUTURE TOURNAMENT PLAY.
8. REGISTRATION: All teams MUST sign-in and present the team roster, passes, medical release and permission to travel, if appropriate, AT LEAST 45minutes before their first scheduled game. FAILURE TO REGISTER BEFORE THE START OF THE FIRST GAME WILL RESULT IN A FORFEITURE OF THAT GAME.
9. PLAYER EQUIPMENT: All players and teams participating must meet the following requirements.
a. Where jersey colors are similar, the home team (listed first on the schedule) must change their jersey. ALL TEAMS MUST BRING TWO (2) DIFFERENT COLORED JERSEYS.
b. No duplicate jersey numbers will be permitted on the sidelines or on the field of play. All jerseys must have a number.
c. The goalkeeper must wear a different color jersey from the rest of his/her teammates and opponents.
d. Orthopedic casts will not be allowed unless examined by the referee, and determined not to be a danger to other players.
e. No jewelry.
f. Shin guards must be worn by all players.
10. START OF GAME:
a. The home team will have the kick off.
b. The first team listed on the schedule will be the home team for the match.
c. The defending team will have choice of the goal they wish to defend.
d. A FORFEITED GAME will be awarded if a team is not ready to play five (5) minutes after the published game time. A MINIMUM OF SEVEN (7) PLAYERS are required to play a game. A forfeit will be awarded as a 3-0 win.
11. TEAM FIELD POSITION: Both teams must sit on the same side of the field. All spectators must take a position on the opposite side of the field and remain behind the spectator restraining line or in the bleachers. Failure to provide an official room to clearly see the touchline may lead to a caution given to the coach. Each team is limited to three (3) bench personnel in addition to the registered players (i.e. coach, asst. coach and trainer). These are the only personnel allowed in the team area. Coaches, managers, and team officials ARE NOT PERMITTED on the field of play without the permission of the referee.
12. SUBSTITUTIONS: There will be unlimited substitutions with the permission of the referee at any stoppage of play.
f. NO SUBSTITUTION IS ALLOWED FOR THE DURATION OF THAT GAME FOR A PLAYER WHO RECEIVES A RED CARD.
g. ALL SUBSTITUTES MUST ENTER THE PLAYING FIELD FROM THE HALFWAY LINE.
13. POINT SYSTEM:
a. 3 points for a win.
b. 1 point for a tie.
c. 0 points for a loss.
Tiebreakers: If at the end of all games in a division, two or more teams are tied with the same number of points, the following tiebreakers will be used:
i. Result of head-to-head competition.
ii. Goal differential up to maximum of three (3) per game.
iii. Fewest goals allowed.
iv. Penalty kick – FIFA procedure.
a. Individual awards (maximum 18) will be awarded to all registered players of the WINNING AND SECOND PLACE teams in each division.
b. One (1) team trophy will be awarded to the WINNING AND SECOND PLACE teams respectively
15. THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE is responsible for all final decisions concerning the tournament.
16. PROTESTS: NO PROTESTS WILL BE ENTERTAINED.
The Field Marshal assigned to the field must be immediately notified of any rule violations and the Tournament Committee shall act as it deems appropriate.
17. INCLEMENT WEATHER/SUSPENDED GAMES:
THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE PLAYED RAIN OR SHINE.**
a. Regardless of weather conditions, players and coaches must be at the site at the scheduled playing time, ready to play. The master schedule is posted at the tournament headquarters. All paper copies of the schedule are only tentative schedules. It is the manager/coach’s responsibility to check the master schedule for changes.
b. In the event of inclement weather, the Tournament Committee shall have the absolute authority to make decisions as follows:
i. Relocate/reschedule any game.
ii. Change the duration of any game.
iii. Fitness of specific field conditions shall be determined by the Tournament Committee.
iv. Scores of games suspended because of weather shall be final if the first half has been completed. The final score shall be the score existing at time of the game suspension.
v. In the event of a major weather event forcing the cancellation of an entire venue or day of tournament play, the tournament committee will refund the effected teams their registration fee less a 25% administrative handling fee. Any division that has already commenced competition will not be eligible for a refund.
c. Games suspended in the first half:
i. If a game is suspended during the first half due to inclement weather, field conditions or other situations beyond control of the Tournament Committee, the Committee will attempt to reschedule: (1) if conditions permit, and (2) if fields are available. The Committee reserves the right to decide all matters pertaining to game rescheduling. Any game rescheduled will be continued from the time remaining at the time of suspension. The score at the time of suspension will stand. If the game is not rescheduled, the original game shall be considered final and the score recorded as it was at the time of suspension.
II. IN THE EVENT A REFEREE TERMINATES A GAME, THE SCORE WILL STAND AS OF THE TIME OF TERMINATION.
a. All players, coaches, bench personnel and spectators are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with the spirit as well as the letter of the Law of the Game. Referees will issue cautions/dismissals as appropriate. DISSENT FROM PLAYERS, COACHES, BENCH PERSONNEL AND/OR SPECTATORS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
b. COACHES ARE RESPONSIBLE for their own actions, as well as those of the players, bench personnel and spectators.
c. Coaches, bench personnel or spectators DISMISSED from a game WILL BE banned from further tournament competition.
d. The presence of a dismissed coach, bench personnel and spectator within “sight” or “sound” of his/her team’s game(s) may be grounds for his/her team(s) being DISQUALIFIED from the tournament.
e. Any player DISMISSED from a game will NOT BE allowed to participate in the team’s next game and may be subject to disqualification from the tournament after review by the referee and the Tournament Committee.
f. ANY PLAYER WHO ACCUMULATES (3) YELLOW CARDS IN THE TOURNAMENT WILL BE DISMISSED FROM THE TOURNAMENT.
g. Players DISMISSED FOR VIOLENT CONDUCT will be banned from further tournament participation.
h. THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO TERMINATE THE PARTICIPATION OF A TEAM IN THE TOURNAMENT IF THE BEHAVIOR OF THE PLAYERS, COACHES, BENCH PERSONNEL AND/OR SPECTATORS CREATES AN ATMOSPHERE IN WHICH A GAME OR GAMES CANNOT BE COMPLETED WITH IN THE SPIRIT AND LETTERS OF THE LAWS.
19. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND THE USE OF TOBACCO ARE NOT permitted on the tournament grounds.
NOTE: All coaches, team official, parents and players, by their participation in the Cortlandt Soccer Club tournament, agree to be bound by these rules
Lack of the knowledge of the above rules will not relieve any coach, team official, parent, or player from the responsibilities and possible penalties herein.
Deadline for entry is May 1st.
– Checks should be made payable to CORTLANDT SOCCER CLUB.
– There will be no refunds after a team is accepted.
– Permission to travel forms are required for teams outside of Eastern New York Soccer Youth Soccer Association.
– The tournament will be played rain or shine.
– A concession stand will be available both days.
– Schedules and rules will be available the first week in June.
– Open to all registered USYSA teams (Club, Select, Premier and ODP).
– Boys 9,10, 11, 12, 13, 16 and Girls , 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 16, HS-19
– Select, Premier and ODP teams will be required to play up one age group.
– Maximum roster of 14 players for U9 –11; 18 players for U12 through U19.
– Three (3) guest players.
– Round Robin format.
– 30 minute games and a four game guarantee.
– A three (3) referee system used for U12 through U18.
– U9 & 10 will play 8 v 8. U11 will play 9 v 9. U12 and above will play 11 v 11.
– Individual awards will be presented to all registered players of the Winning and Second Place teams in each division. One team trophy will be awarded to the Winning and Second Place teams respectively.